About Mary Jane Copps
The Phone Lady
An accomplished author, speaker and facilitator, Mary Jane Copps is passionate about creating excellent communication. During her career, going as back as far as supporting herself through university, she has always relied on effective conversations to make things happen - as a receptionist, a manager, a journalist, a salesperson, a researcher and an entrepreneur.
Since starting her first business in 1987, Mary Jane has been analyzing the psychology of phone communication. Today, whether she’s working with entrepreneurs, not-for-profits, corporations or government organizations, she uses this knowledge and skill to improve all of their conversations (phone, video, in-person or email) with stakeholders, funders, clients and prospects ... and helps them build stronger, long-lasting relationships.
Mary Jane has worked with over 700 clients since launching The Phone Lady brand in 2006. And she has trained over 15,000 individuals, giving them the necessary skills to increase revenue and customer satisfaction through her proven communication techniques. Throughout each year she participates in a limited number of “cold calling” projects, allowing her to continually test her theories and adapt them to the ever-changing business communication landscape.
Mary Jane works with large corporations, small businesses and startups throughout North America, and in England and Australia. She has long-standing NDAs with several of North America’s best-known companies. In the financial sector, her clients currently represent $2.7 trillion in assets under management.
As a sales coach, Mary Jane works with individuals, helping them find and embrace their strongest communication skills and use them as the foundation for excellent conversations.
Phone Phobia Hits the NewsPhone phobia, or telephobia, has been getting a lot of attention in the news recently. See what Mary Jane has to say about it...
The Phone Book is a practical MUST READ for every entrepreneur and salesperson!
- Amazon 5-star review
Click here to get more information, download a free chapter, or purchase your copy today!
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Creating client communication module for college students studying design
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- Remote learning experience with new business owners on creating their sales process
- One-on-one and team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
- Team coaching with a national moving company to refine their sales process
- In-person team coaching with marketing company
- Remote phone skills workshop for North American orthodontist firm
- Working with translators to present The Phone Lady in France
- Free sales workshop at the Halifax Central Library
- Phone skills as a job search tool for those starting their career
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.