About Mary Jane Copps
The Phone Lady
An accomplished author, speaker and facilitator, Mary Jane Copps is passionate about creating excellent communication. During her career, going as back as far as supporting herself through university, she has always relied on effective conversations to make things happen - as a receptionist, a manager, a journalist, a salesperson, a researcher and an entrepreneur.
Since starting her first business in 1987, Mary Jane has been analyzing the psychology of phone communication. Today, whether she’s working with entrepreneurs, not-for-profits, corporations or government organizations, she uses this knowledge and skill to improve all of their conversations (phone, video, in-person or email) with stakeholders, funders, clients and prospects ... and helps them build stronger, long-lasting relationships.
Mary Jane has worked with over 700 clients since launching The Phone Lady brand in 2006. And she has trained over 15,000 individuals, giving them the necessary skills to increase revenue and customer satisfaction through her proven communication techniques. Throughout each year she participates in a limited number of “cold calling” projects, allowing her to continually test her theories and adapt them to the ever-changing business communication landscape.
Mary Jane works with large corporations, small businesses and startups throughout North America, and in England and Australia. She has long-standing NDAs with several of North America’s best-known companies. In the financial sector, her clients currently represent $2.7 trillion in assets under management.
As a personal coach, Mary Jane works with individuals, helping them find and embrace their strongest communication skills and use them as the foundation for excellent conversations.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Teaching phone skills to job seekers to tap into the hidden job market
- Sales training on outbound calls for a team of outdoor gourmet kitchen designers
- Sales and marketing coaching for a team for natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Customer service training for a team supporting energy efficiency in homes
- Sales training for financial advisors
- Training with new entrepreneurs for discovery call, sales and customer service conversations
- Cold calling for corporate education specialist
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? I'd be pleased to connect with you to see if I can help. This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from me very soon.