We have all been victims of the “fast talker” – the person who leaves their phone number in our voicemail so quickly we must “Press 1 to repeat this message” over and over. It is annoying! Avoid irritating others by learning how to leave your phone number at the speed required to write it down. Simply use a scrap of paper and write it down as you say it. Don’t worry – you won’t have to do this forever; this professional pace will soon become automatic. Then repeat your number at the speed required to glance at it for verification. Perfect! You can now be confident you are not an annoyance – at least when it comes to leaving your phone number!
Avoid Being the Annoying “Fast Talker”
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Creating client communication module for college students
- Delivering remote learning on essential business communication skills for job search
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for vet equipment company
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- In-person learning experience with new business owners on creating a sales process
- Remote learning experience on essential skills to reach and inspire conversations with C-suite executives
- Team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for a transportation company
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.