Happy 2010! The year is certainly starting off with a lot of positive news. The Phone Lady has several new projects to work on that are exciting and challenging. And the “Ring Ring – I Am Cold Calling” workshop at The Chocolate Lake Hotel this Tuesday is fully sold out. Yeah! It is going to be a great day for those attending. Must say it is a curiosity to me that it is 99% women that attend these sessions. Where are the men? Are men not doing any cold calling? Are they already really great at it? If this is the case, I’d still love for some of them to take the workshop so I can learn new strategies. Also, this coming Wednesday is my first Lunch and Learn at The Halifax Club for 2010. I’m looking forward to it. With something as public as this, I never know what to expect, but one thing is certain – it is always fun. I really do enjoy the unexpected in this setting. I get to practice thinking fast on my feet – having all that I know readily available to answer any possible question or comment. Great way to work with my knowledge and presentation skills. I did want to talk about more than just the beginning of the year though. I wanted to ask you to think about the beginning of your phone communication with clients and potential clients. Usually it begins in one of three places: 1)They call you and you answer the phone; 2)You call them and they answer the phone; or 3)You call them and leave a voicemail message. For each of these scenarios there skills are involved that contribute to positive branding and the growth of your company. Want to know more? Tune in next week. And have a great week – full of detailed conversations with your target market! Warm regards, Mary Jane
In The Beginning
January 10, 2010|
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Creating client communication module for college students studying design
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- Remote learning experience with new business owners on creating their sales process
- One-on-one and team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
- Team coaching with a national moving company to refine their sales process
- In-person team coaching with marketing company
- Remote phone skills workshop for North American orthodontist firm
- Working with translators to present The Phone Lady in France
- Free sales workshop at the Halifax Central Library
- Phone skills as a job search tool for those starting their career
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.