Nine motivated, well-spoken, enthusiastic people attended my “Ring Ring” – I Am Cold Calling! workshop today. We had a wonderful day. We talked a lot (or rather I did!) about cold calling being a practice. You enjoy it more and get better at it if you do a bit of it each day. And if you really want to reach prospective clients, you have to be calling them regularly – not once in March and then again in April. And when you get your cold calling program started, in order to truly win the trust of your potential clients, you’ve got to stick with it. It doesn’t do you any good if you “drop the ball” – aren’t diligent in your follow up. So how can they take what we discussed today and turn it into the beginning of their new practice, their new discipline? Well …. they are going to check in here. We’re going to use this blog as a way to communicate with each other, talk about successes … and frustrations. Questions will be posted and answers provided. We’ll test all the ideas from today and see how they help grow businesses. I hope you’ll join in too!
Making Cold Calling a Practice
April 13, 2010|
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Creating client communication module for college students
- Delivering remote learning on essential business communication skills for job search
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for vet equipment company
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- In-person learning experience with new business owners on creating a sales process
- Remote learning experience on essential skills to reach and inspire conversations with C-suite executives
- Team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for a transportation company
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.