January is zipping along! “Ring Ring – I Am Cold Calling” was an extremely dynamic day. The ten woman that attended the workshop were full of energy and commitment. A community was created almost immediately. It made for an amazing day! The Lunch and Learn at The Halifax Club was good too. Perhaps because of my question last week, two men were present. Both already spend a lot of time on the phone so their questions and comments were very valuable. All of this activity helped me decide to do another cold calling workshop. The date is Tuesday April 13, at the Chocolate Lake Hotel. Stay tuned for more information. Now last week I started writing about your first contact point with a new potential client. If the potential client calls you looking for more information the skill set you better have perfected is … how you answer your phone! It is only human to make immediate judgements about others. When we meet someone in person, this judgement might include their clothing, shoes or hair. I have a friend who’s got a thing about teeth and makes some immediate assumptions about others based on that information! The same thing applies to telephone communication. When a potential client calls you for the first time they will make a judgement about you based on how you answer the phone. Make sure who you are is evident in those first seconds, that you have energy, that you speak clearly and at a good pace, and most importantly that your voice reflects your desire to be of service. Not sure if you are doing this? Ask a business associate or good friend to call you and critique how you answer. Your positive branding and your excellent reputation depend on it!
Potential Clients Call You
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Sales training on outbound calls for a team of funding specialists
- Sales training for a team involved in the digitization of workflows
- Client communication skills to a busy not-for-profit
- Sales training for financial advisors
- Training with new entrepreneurs for discovery call, sales and customer service conversations
- Cold calling for corporate education specialist
- Coaching with salesperson representing outdoor gourmet kitchens
- Coaching team representing a natural project for arthritis in dogs
- Webinar on upselling skills for insurance professionals
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? I'd be pleased to connect with you to see if I can help. This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from me very soon.