Through the Centre for Women in Business, I had the opportunity to spend the day with Toni Newman on Wednesday. What a great day that turned out to be! If you haven’t heard of Toni, keep your ears open for an opportunity to attend one of her workshops. You will be inspired and you will see your business in a whole new way – which is a good thing! Read more about her and see her in action at her website, www.toninewman.com. Toni repeated something I say in my workshops all the time, and have even talked about here but which is worth repeating: It is not about you! Whenever you are connecting with a customer or a potential customer – in person, at an event, in a meeting, by email or on the phone – make it about them. Show them who you truly are, what you honestly represent and can offer them in terms of their needs, what’s going on in their world, not in your’s. You’ll immediately see the difference not only in how many customers you have but also the number of times they contact you for advice and information. Toni’s session also resulted in a few new ideas for this blog, so stay posted. There’s some exciting changes ahead.
Toni Newman is Amazing!
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Sales training on outbound calls for a team of funding specialists
- Sales training for a team involved in the digitization of workflows
- Client communication skills to a busy not-for-profit
- Sales training for financial advisors
- Training with new entrepreneurs for discovery call, sales and customer service conversations
- Cold calling for corporate education specialist
- Coaching with salesperson representing outdoor gourmet kitchens
- Coaching team representing a natural project for arthritis in dogs
- Webinar on upselling skills for insurance professionals
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? I'd be pleased to connect with you to see if I can help. This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from me very soon.