Here I am, on the eve of another week, more excited than usual. Tuesday is my full-day workshop, “Ring Ring – I Am Cold Calling” at The Chocolate Lake Hotel. This is always a fun day for everyone. Unfortunately I received two last minute cancellations on Friday, suddenly leaving me with room for two more people to attend. If you’re interested, contact me today (Monday April 12). The cost of $189 includes your workbook, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack. And of course – lots of great learning about making the most of your telephone! For more details, simply click on the tab above – workshop registration. This past Friday I spent the morning with a group of fast-thinking students at TeamWork Co-operative. I’m not sure who learned more, them or me, but we did have a good time together. One tip they all appreciated relates to how we answer our phones. I strongly recommend answering between the 2nd and 3rd rings. Why? Well, in today’s hectic world, every phone call is definitely an interruption. When we answer quickly, our annoyance at that interruption often comes through. And don’t you hate that when it happens to you, when someone answers your incoming call with irritation in their voice, as if you should have known not to call them at moment? So take the first ring to simply acknowledge that the phone is ringing. Then, stop what you are doing – sending email, writing notes, talking to a colleague. This is what the second ring allows for- freeing yourself of distractions so that you can truly concentrate on the incoming call. Remember, you want your clients and your potential clients to hear your desire to be of service when you answer your phone so, as that second ring ends, smile fully and pick up your receiver! Happy Phone Work, everyone. I’m hoping I’ll have some interesting activity on this blog beginning this week. If it happens, I may just send you an extra link, so that you can join in the fun too. All for now, TPL
Two Spots Available and How to Answer Your Phone
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Remote sales skills experience for financial advisors
- Remote sales skills experience for insurance professionals
- Remote sales skills experience for financial advisors in France!
- Remote customer service experience for home safety creator
- Luncheon keynote on self confidence and communication
- One-on-one and team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experiences + one-on-one coaching for women entrepreneurs (More info about this three-year program here.)
- Team and individual coaching with a national moving company to refine their sales process
- Continuing to work with translators to present The Phone Lady in France
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.