Here I am, on the eve of another week, more excited than usual. Tuesday is my full-day workshop, “Ring Ring – I Am Cold Calling” at The Chocolate Lake Hotel. This is always a fun day for everyone. Unfortunately I received two last minute cancellations on Friday, suddenly leaving me with room for two more people to attend. If you’re interested, contact me today (Monday April 12). The cost of $189 includes your workbook, breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack. And of course – lots of great learning about making the most of your telephone! For more details, simply click on the tab above – workshop registration. This past Friday I spent the morning with a group of fast-thinking students at TeamWork Co-operative. I’m not sure who learned more, them or me, but we did have a good time together. One tip they all appreciated relates to how we answer our phones. I strongly recommend answering between the 2nd and 3rd rings. Why? Well, in today’s hectic world, every phone call is definitely an interruption. When we answer quickly, our annoyance at that interruption often comes through. And don’t you hate that when it happens to you, when someone answers your incoming call with irritation in their voice, as if you should have known not to call them at moment? So take the first ring to simply acknowledge that the phone is ringing. Then, stop what you are doing – sending email, writing notes, talking to a colleague. This is what the second ring allows for- freeing yourself of distractions so that you can truly concentrate on the incoming call. Remember, you want your clients and your potential clients to hear your desire to be of service when you answer your phone so, as that second ring ends, smile fully and pick up your receiver! Happy Phone Work, everyone. I’m hoping I’ll have some interesting activity on this blog beginning this week. If it happens, I may just send you an extra link, so that you can join in the fun too. All for now, TPL
Two Spots Available and How to Answer Your Phone
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Sales training on outbound calls for a team of funding specialists
- Sales training for a team involved in the digitization of workflows
- Client communication skills to a busy not-for-profit
- Sales training for financial advisors
- Training with new entrepreneurs for discovery call, sales and customer service conversations
- Cold calling for corporate education specialist
- Coaching with salesperson representing outdoor gourmet kitchens
- Coaching team representing a natural project for arthritis in dogs
- Webinar on upselling skills for insurance professionals
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? I'd be pleased to connect with you to see if I can help. This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from me very soon.