Someone asks me this question at every workshop. They want an exact breakdown. Is persistence one follow up call? Two? Persistence means calling/contacting until your communication with a client or a prospective client reaches a conclusion. That conclusion can be “yes I want to work with you” or “I’m interested in working with you but not right now, call me again in 6 months” or “I don’t see a fit for this project in our company” or … . There’s a wide variety of possible conclusions but each one ends a cycle of communication. That’s what persistence achieves. When you aren’t persistent, if you begin a cycle of communication with someone and don’t complete it, what are you saying about yourself? About your company? You clearly tell your clients and your potential clients that you cannot be trusted to follow through, that you do not achieve results, that you lack dedication. When you begin a cycle of communication is it YOUR JOB to complete it. This is persistence and when you have it and you use it you will receive respect from everyone. And you’ll see an increase in your client base. A small note about this blog and technology … there’a bit of a hiccup we are working on in terms of notifying you when this blog has been updated. I hope it will be dealt with soon and I thank you for your patience. Have a great week!
What Does Persistence Mean?
March 11, 2010|
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Designing a sales campaign - that includes phone conversations - for a waste management consulting firm
- Creating client communication module for college students
- Delivering remote learning on essential business communication skills for job search
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for vet equipment company
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- In-person learning experience with new business owners on creating a sales process
- Remote learning experience on essential skills to reach and inspire conversations with C-suite executives
- Team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on sales and customer service skills for a transportation company
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.
0 thoughts on “What Does Persistence Mean?”
I think you hit a bullseye there!