There is absolutely no doubt about it – it is scary to pick up the telephone and call someone you don’t know with the aim of having a productive conversation about your business. To deal with this “phone phobia” we have to look at the causes of this fear and see how they can be eliminated. Lets start with the list: 1)I won’t be able to get past the receptionist; 2)I’ll mispronounce the person’s name; 3)I’ll get voicemail and I’ll leave a scrambled message; 4)I’ll say something silly and the person will hang up on me; 5)I’ll call at the wrong time and the person will be annoyed with me: 6)The person will speak to me but ask me a question I can’t answer; 7)I’ll say all the wrong things and completely alienate this person as a possible customer. Are these some of the things you are afraid of when you go to pick up the phone? Are there others? Do send your reasons along to add to this list. I’ll examine each one in future posts and show you how to eliminate it for good!
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- Analyzing email and chat conversations with customers and prospects to improve messaging and calls to action
- One-on-one sales coaching with business owners
- One-on-one business development coaching with national franchise
- One-on-one coaching with office manager/receptionist
- Sales training with group of entrepreneurs
- Sales training with group of business advisors
- Sales training with group of business financiers
- Sales training with technology sales team
Do you or your team want to improve your phone skills? Do you have a phone communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? I'd be pleased to connect with you to see if I can help. This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from me very soon.