There is absolutely no doubt about it – it is scary to pick up the telephone and call someone you don’t know with the aim of having a productive conversation about your business. To deal with this “phone phobia” we have to look at the causes of this fear and see how they can be eliminated. Lets start with the list: 1)I won’t be able to get past the receptionist; 2)I’ll mispronounce the person’s name; 3)I’ll get voicemail and I’ll leave a scrambled message; 4)I’ll say something silly and the person will hang up on me; 5)I’ll call at the wrong time and the person will be annoyed with me: 6)The person will speak to me but ask me a question I can’t answer; 7)I’ll say all the wrong things and completely alienate this person as a possible customer. Are these some of the things you are afraid of when you go to pick up the phone? Are there others? Do send your reasons along to add to this list. I’ll examine each one in future posts and show you how to eliminate it for good!
What Makes It Scary?
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Remote sales skills experience for financial advisors
- Remote sales skills experience for insurance professionals
- Remote sales skills experience for financial advisors in France!
- Remote customer service experience for home safety creator
- Luncheon keynote on self confidence and communication
- One-on-one and team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experiences + one-on-one coaching for women entrepreneurs (More info about this three-year program here.)
- Team and individual coaching with a national moving company to refine their sales process
- Continuing to work with translators to present The Phone Lady in France
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.