It’s not a surprise that the thought of “cold calls” sends chills through most people. There really should be a better name for them – like information calls or marketing calls or calls of introduction. I’m a BIG believer in these calls – know them to be essential to the growth of a business. In the past 22 years I’ve made thousands of cold calls and I continue to make them as part of specific client projects. Here’s why: You are cheating your potential clients out of making the best possible decisions for themselves if they do not know about you and what you can do for them. The cold call is not about selling – it’s about informing. In my case, when my potential clients sit down to make decisions about training, I want my information to be part of the discussion. They need to be aware of all their options, whether they choose to work with me or not. In other words, when you start a business, it is your obligation to get your information out to potential clients and the telephone is the most efficient and most cost-effective way to do so. How many of these calls should you make? There is a formula to figure that out and I’ll share it with you next week as part of my Call Into Fall series. Have a great week, everyone!
What’s With Cold Calling Anyway?
September 21, 2009|
When you subscribe to my weekly blog, you'll immediately receive a chapter of The Phone Book - Essential Telephone Communication Skills.
What's The Phone Lady doing?
- One-on-one coaching with 6 amazing entrepreneurs - info about sales coaching here
- Creating client communication module for college students studying design
- Remote learning experience for financial advisors
- Remote learning experience with new business owners on creating their sales process
- One-on-one and team coaching for a firm representing natural products for arthritis in dogs
- Remote learning experience on both discovery and sales calls for new startups
- Team coaching with a national moving company to refine their sales process
- In-person team coaching with marketing company
- Remote phone skills workshop for North American orthodontist firm
- Working with translators to present The Phone Lady in France
- Free sales workshop at the Halifax Central Library
- Phone skills as a job search tool for those starting their career
Do you or your team want to improve your communication skills? Do you have a communication question or challenge you'd like to discuss? This quick-to-fill-out form is easy to use and you'll hear from Mary Jane very soon.
0 thoughts on “What’s With Cold Calling Anyway?”
Your articles are for when it absolutely, positivley, needs to be understood overnight.